Art books: A reflection of the various art forms there is
Art is something that acts as a reflection of our lives and represents it in a pictorial, structural, or expressive manner. This is something that helps us express emotions that cannot be put in words or feelings that cannot be spoken with adequate effectiveness. The realm of artistry isn’t limited to canvases, paper sheets, murals, etc. but can encompass each and everything that we come across in our daily lives, and these can be converted into art pieces as well. Art is highly personal, and various artists over the ages have delivered their own personal take on this subject, thereby helping create several genres and sub-genres, and helping expand the boundaries of what is actually possible.
Art and design books are something that provides us with valuable insight into the various art forms that grace our livelihoods on a daily basis and help us learn about the various cultures around the world. As we said, art is an extremely personal subject and no two person’s perceptions wouldn’t ever be the same, it is quite complicated to determine the exact qualities of a good arts book. Despite this major limitation, here are a few qualities that make an arts book, exceptional.
- Well-detailed- If you are someone who swears by the smell of new pages, and prefers to read a book over watching a web series, you must be able to relate to the idea when we say that art history books shall be detailed. Since art is a highly personalized issue, it would be extremely difficult to follow if it is not detailed fairly and simply.
- Engaging- This is something that applies to every genre of book, but is especially important when it comes to art books since the readers need to connect with them properly to extract the essence there is. Art books need to possess this quality mandatorily.
- Accessible- The best art books are nothing if not widely accessible or available, for people need to access them to read, comprehend, and learn what the book means to say. Booksmart provides the best art books there are, thereby ensuring that every person who wants to read them, can read them.
Now that we have learned what makes a great art book, let us take a look at some of the bestselling art books there that Booksmart offers.
- Aspects of puppet theatre- If you are someone who is into puppetry as a creative and performing art form, then this is a book that you simply cannot afford to miss out on. Penned down by Henryk Jurkowski in 1988, this text presents its readers with an intricate analysis of the art of puppetry.
- Sports history: A practical guide- Interested in learning about the evolution of sports and how the games shaped up to be what they are today? This masterclass by Martin Polley would take you on a voyage exploring the nature of sports history, the role that the past plays in the modern game, and the primary evidence that is referred to by sports historians.
- Understanding film theory- Films are one of the most popular and engaging art forms that humanity has ever known, and although the genre may seem to be pretty open, this book by Ruth Doughty and Christine Etherington-Wright provides a deep insight into the craft, and students who are practicing the art of films can learn a great deal from this book.
Art is something that is highly subjective and personal and is perceived differently by every person there is. The best art books are those that can entice the reader’s senses while delivering a deep insight into the genre that it deals with. You can buy art books online from Booksmart. Visit today to witness our vast collection of the best art books there is, and get one that your heart desires.