Computer Science Books: Stay abreast of the evolving technologies
Information and technology have become vital aspects of our lives with their prevalence in most of our daily activities. As a result, computer science is now an integral subject in the academic curriculum for all students. Children growing up in the present tech-driven world should be well-informed and equipped with the latest technologies to make the most out of their potential. Studying the best computer science books not just familiarizes one with IT and software but also encourages problem-solving skills and creativity to tackle real-life situations.
Essentiality of computer science as an academic subject
Computers have been an indispensable part of our lives ever since it was invented. They have been widely used for data storage, calculations, technology development, and most importantly, communications. Computers are everywhere and used for work, education, connectivity, and recreational purposes as well. The primary objective of technology is to ease human efforts while rendering maximum task efficiency. Hence, all individuals need to be tech-savvy and progress in their respective fields. And what’s a better way to edify computing skills than including them in the curriculum? With computer science as an academic subject, students can be upskilled to make computers work for them in the most efficient ways.
Not just that, studying computer science during the academic years also educates the students about the evolving risks of using the Internet and being mindful of their activities online. Having basic computer science knowledge prepares candidates to pursue varied career paths and excel at their job roles. Various big brands and IT giants now prefer candidates with sound digital skills to work for them across different departments. Along with students, professionals too can upskill by shopping for computer science books online. There are multiple computing books authored by renowned industry pioneers that are ideal for students, beginners, refreshers, and advanced professionals alike.
Best-selling computer science books: A must-read
- CISSP for Dummies: Of the many, this book is a perfect guide for the security professionals willing to get their CISSP certification. The book covers all eight domains in detail accompanied by expert tips and advice on each. Readers can get a thorough insight into the key information that one needs to pass the exam. In addition to these, the book also contains suggestions for setting up a 60-day study plan and access to online test sessions. Not to miss, the 6th edition is updated and reorganized as per the upcoming changes made to the Common Body of Knowledge.
- Internet Multimedia:Another top pick among the best computer science books is Internet multimedia which enlists the systems and techniques to use multimedia for effective communication. The book emphasizes the role of multimedia in education, business, and society as a whole. It offers valuable insights to candidates pursuing varied multimedia courses.
- Competing with IT: Through this book, Colin Ashurst offers an insight into the key principles and guidance of how to succeed in a business through strategic management. It is a blend of sound academic theories and extensive practical experiences that serves as an ideal MBA textbook.
- How to Program using Java: A beginner's guide to the world of programming, this book is a valuable pick for undergraduates to build a valuable foundation for students who will study other languages in the upcoming years. What makes it one of the best computer science books online is the humorous introduction of the book followed by entertaining examples to encourage fun and valuable learning.
- Project Research in Information Systems: Authored by Tony Conford, this book is aimed at helping students with research projects in information systems. It is a comprehensive guide that covers the entire process of project work right from choosing a project to writing the project report. It is a mix of practical guidelines and practical insights and is a must-read for students undertaking research projects in information systems.
Studying computer science books can help in developing skills such as computational thinking and analytical & problem-solving abilities. At Booksmart, discover the wide range of best computer science books and shop for the best-selling ones - Your one-stop destination for all academic and educational books!